Monday, October 11, 2010

Today is my turn!

I am not a celebrity. I am sure there wont be many takers for my blog. And i don't mind that at all!!

because this blog is a sincere effort by me to get acquainted with myself, without any worries, any pre-conceived notions, and without any expectations. It is to keep my feet on ground, and let my soul free.
"The most difficult phase of life is not when no one understands you. It is when you don't understand yourself." I am embarking on a journey to discover me, to understand me, to love me and to nurture me. Sounds selfish??? well no...it absolutely isnt...

A few moons back (seems like eons to me though), when i used to look in the mirror, i used to find a stranger staring back at me. A stranger because it wasn't me...in any way...and hence it didn't behave like me. It's behavior fed itself on what was expected from it, misconceptions about it. Its face was contorted by the pain of being someone else, its skin pale by the fear of losing itself. And though it did what was expected of it, the effort always fell short of satisfaction, for everyone.

And then something happened that broke the mirror. Now i could see myself, understand myself, and as a result, i was able to understand others as never before. I knew what i was about. I was me...i AM me!

So, to keep in touch with my real self, I'll keep jotting some notes to myself - to hear my voice, to see my face, to understand my feelings, to above all - to be friends with myself...and i believe it is a beginning of a lifelong friendship...

No comments:

Post a Comment